Wednesday, February 27, 2013

MCAT prep

So What?
My so what for this week is simple.  I am sorry to anyone who would ever read this blog to glean any type of advice but this week I am going to focus on a specific thing in my life.  I will try to apply it generally though.

This weekend I took a practice MCAT test.  My score was surprisingly good.  It was not perfect.  I have room to improve but I am not doing too bad.  It is now time for me to set goals on how to improve.

Now What?
I need to keep studying material.  The test helped me realize that there is some stuff that I do not know.  I need to master my understandings of specific things such as acid/base chemistry and physiology.

I need to take a lot of practice tests.  The biggest thing the MCAT tests is your ability to problem solve and apply the knowledge that you have.  In addition to gaining the knowledge I will need to need to practice using it with the specific types of problems the MCAT will test on.

I need to maintain confidence.  In an attempt to include a small amount of life advice in this post I will say this.  Have confidence in yourself!  This practice test gave me confidence.  Yes, I made mistakes and was far from the best or even exceptional, but I am confident in my ability.  Think highly of yourself, God does.  He sees your potential and value.  If you sin you should realize your sin was wrong.  It is possible that you will feel sad and have a broken heart over your sin, but do not let your sin become who you are.  When we being to title ourselves by our sins it becomes easier to fall farther into the trap of Satan...

Wow, that got a little off track.  Anyway, those are the steps I will take in preparing for the MCAT.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment