Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Easter and Family

Easter is such a wonderful time.  It would not seem correct to do a post after Easter that wasn't about Easter.  So, this weekend my wife and I got to go to my sister's house in Tremonton, UT and spend the weekend with her and her family as well as my parents.  It was great to be with family during Easter.  Doesn't it just seem right that at a time in which we are celebrating the resurrection of Christ we be with those who we will be able to spend eternity with as a result of that resurrection.  You could say that is my so what for this week.  Family is important, and Christ showed that by overcoming death and allowing us to have eternal families.  We need to make the time to spend with our families, because they are most important.  Easter is a fun time for that.  Here is a video and picture of us having an Easter egg hunt with my nieces.



In addition to the great family fun.  A wonderful lesson was learned concerning the sacrifice of Christ.  While in church, the scripture was read that is found in Matthew 26:39.  Christ asks his father that if it be possible let the cup be taken from him.  He asked his father to spare him.  Isn't it probable that God the Father would have spared his firstborn son the pain and suffering of the atonement if there were another way?  Would he not have taken the easier path.  He would have.  But there was no other way.  This tells me that in these moments when I think I know everything, when I am feeling powerful and maybe feel that I can do things on my own, I cannot.  I cannot be saved without Christ.  He does not empower me to be saved, he gives me salvation.  If it were possible for me to save myself then that is the road our Heavenly Father would have taken.  He would have let us save ourselves.  

So what?  I will remember that in the times when I feel prideful or powerful.  I am nothing if I am not saved and I am not saved without Christ.  Therefore, I am nothing without Christ.  



No comments:

Post a Comment