Wednesday, March 27, 2013

The Great Commandment

So what?  I can't say that this is something necessarily new that I have learned but it is something that I continually relearn and need to work on applying it better.  The Lord said that the greatest commandment is to love the Lord your God with all your heart, might, mind, and strength.  The second is to love your neighbor as yourself.  The reason these commandments are so great and important is because following them will lead to following all others.  But how do we do this?

Now what?  Learning how to love others as you love yourself can be a lifelong pursuit.  I believe I mentioned before that it has to begin with loving yourself and knowing who you are.  After that, it is a lot of work to apply that same amount of love to others.  One thing I will try to do to accomplish this goal is to pray daily for the love of Christ.  When I have done this in my life I have always been blessed with greater love and understanding of others.  I am more patient and caring.  

No comments:

Post a Comment